Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter 2007


Easter 2007 will be remembered as the “the cold one” and “the day we thought Ashley was in labor.” It all began at about eight in the morning in Milano, Texas. Kari and I were awoken by Kari’s little sister, Shelbi. The Easter Bunny had come and …

The Night Before
Prior to the Easter Bunny on Sunday morning, Kari and I celebrated Easter with my mother side of the family in Bastrop. Everyone except for my mother was in attendance to the Lueders Easter Celebration, so we had a house full. We enjoyed each others company and had a wonderful meal. We left Bastrop about 8:45 p.m. and drove through sleet most of the way to Milano. We were getting phone calls and text messages that in many areas of Texas snow was falling, in some places six inches. Kari and I both were wearing jackets and were riding with the heater on. That is why we will remember our first Easter together as “the cold one.”

Continued: Easter Day
The Easter Bunny had come and…brought many goodies to everyone. We went to church and had lunch with Kari’s grandparents, aunt and uncle, and a few cousins. About 4ish, when Kari and I were about to get on the road to Cedar Creek, Ashley called the ER because she thought her water had broke. I am not a medical doctor, nor am I familiar with pregnancy, so I just figure this was the real deal. We decided that we would go with Ashley and James to the hospital in case our new nephew was born. Ashley and James were swept into a maternity room, and the rest of us were sent to the waiting room. It was a stressful hour, but that the soon to be grandmother (my mother-in-law) could not tolerate. She proactively set out for answers leaving Kari, Shebli, and I to wait. Than, my mother-in-law came and got Kari...so Shelbi and I waited. Finally, we were all invited back to the room to learn it was not time for the baby to be born. That is the second reason it will be known as “the day we thought Ashley was in labor.” (See below for a link to pictures)

Sidenote: Kari was helping me get my fall schedule lined up and she did some math and decided I could graduate in December. After checking with an Advisor, going to summer school and completing Fall 2007, it is possible for me to graduate in December. Save your applause, till I let you know I pass! I hope that each of you had a wonderful and blessed Easter Day. God Bless.

No comments: