Monday, August 15, 2005

Thoughts: Comfort in the Lord

I am a 23 year old Junior at Texas State. I prefer not having a real job, but you have to pay the bills some how. I do construction when Warren the Rock Man needs me. Now, I am not really down today, but I just feel led to write the following and since this is my blog, well, I can do that: (I figure it is the Spirit writing and not me at this point, cause I am happy as can be now!)

It seems that when you feel like the road it to long, the chips are down, and it can't get any worse, the Lord sends a crane and lifts you up. The Audio Adrenaline song Get Down comes to mind:

"All I need's another day Where I can't seem to get away From the many things that drag me down, yeah I'm sure you've had a day like me Where nothing seems to set you free From the burdens you can't carry all alone In your weakness He is stronger In Your darkness He shines through When you're crying He's your comfort When your all alone, He's carrying you."

And the chorus is, "I get down and He lifts me up". As I said I am not down, but I was pondering the comfort and love our Lord holds for us. We can be on our last straw, but if you know Jesus as your personal Savior, He will lift you up. Even in our times of hill top experiences He is there for you as well as in our lowly hours. "May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant," says Psalm 119:79. That is one among many verses that proclaims His comfort.

No comments: