Saturday, December 24, 2005


Reindeer Prancing on the Roof?

This is my first blog on a Christmas Eve. I pause in between words listening for the feet of the reindeer, but am let down by the lack of sound. As I get together all the gifts I bought for my family, I thought, "what a pain it is to do all the "pretty" work and to see it all torn apart." Than I remember, to be of good cheer, for the simple gift I sat and wrapped does not compare to that of which our Father in heaven provided. In Isaiah 7:14 it states, "Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel." God desired for us to have a relationship with Him, but because of sin we were separated from God. His plan was to have His son bare our sins on the cross, and it is written, "I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people: Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord" (Luke 2:10-11). Some thirty years later, Jesus' ministry began and eventually led to His death on the cross. Death would not be the end of the story because three days later He was resurrected and ascended into heaven. So, don't forget what the "happy holiday" is about, Jesus is the gift from God, Merry Christmas.

No comments: