Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What Do You Do When Your Cell Phone Dies?


How dramatic, my cell phone battery died! So, I asked myself the question, "What do you do when your cell phone dies?"

A) Plug it into your wall or car charger.

B) Enjoy a bit of peace with your wife and dogs.

C) Blog about it.

D) Just go to bed and worry about it in the morning.

I chose C! Yes, the other three options seemed very reasonable, but I felt like posting twice this week and amid everything going on, the cell phone dying makes the blog. It is interesting that cell phones are attached to everyone's heads these days (I would also like to note, ear-phones attached to an ipod are too!) I do remember ten years ago, when only a few people had cell phone and they weren't slick, shinny and "cool," rather they were either "brick phones" or "bag phones." My dad had both.

The "brick phone" reminds me of Zack Morris from Saved By the Bell. He would walk about Bayside with his "new" cell phone making plans for a date, I'm sure. We are now living in times when you can just about call anyone you know, where ever you are and just talk away, or text.

I was going to make a point, but really, it is getting late, the screen is beginning to look fuzzy, and my head...

...zzz...Night...

1 comment:

nicole said...

How's the new place? Did ya'll stay up into the wee hours of the night unpacking boxes and looking for things? We enjoyed helping. We'll see you soon.