Thursday, June 26, 2008

Lions and Snow


I am currently reading several books, but most recently I picked up In a Pit with a Lion On a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson. I have not completed the book, but the below statement caught my attention:

"…God-given opportunities often come disguised as man-eating lions. And how we react when we encounter those lions will determine our destiny."

Wow, we can either tuck tail and run; or face the opportunity head on, which could be ANYTHING and allow God to use you however He wants. This statement alone will keep me reading the book because I think too many times in our lives we are scared or doubtful because we might be concerned with what others might think or what might happen to us; when ultimately, if we are doing what God told us, then He will do whatever is necessary to accomplish His goals, not ours.

Check out the book…let’s talk about it. I know I have enjoyed it so far. Have a blessed week.

Oh I almost forgot...the answer to the previous posts' baseball question:

Major League Baseball Question: How wide is home plate?
d) 17 inches

In 1900, home plate was a 12 inch square.

No comments: