Monday, January 05, 2009

Hello 2009!

I have not had a chance to really sit down and write in 2009, but today ends that writing drought.

Another cold front has hit Central Texas with a high projected at 39 degrees today. I don’t really mind the cold; I just pull out a beanie and cover my head. Hang around, it will be back in the 70’s by Wednesday.

Kari continues to be sick. She has been having these marathon vomit sessions. Ok, so maybe the word marathon is stretching the story a little bit, but basically, she feels nauseous all day and vomits at least twice a day. I am sure I would be complaining a lot, but she only really complains during the vomit sessions, so I figure she is pretty tough!

At church we started a new sermon series called Playlist. The series focuses on David’s Songs of Accent from Psalm 120-134. We are featuring songs from member’s playlist or favorite “ultimate road-trip” songs. You can listen online @ www.thewellinaustin.com or come visit us on Sunday mornings at 10:30am.

I have started the attempt to kick my soda habit. I have done this once before and saw wonderful results from just drinking water (and sometimes tea or coffee), but I have slipped back into drinking too much soda. Please encourage me to drink water and not soda, if we break bread or chips and salsa together.

I hope that everyone had a great New Year and has a good week. God Bless.

1 comment:

Velma said...

I hear water is good for you. You should drink a glass - NOW =)

Yuck to the sickness - poor Kari!!!

Other question on the website - I've just seen part of the Sweet Feet up to listen to, do we have any of the current series posted or am I not looking at the right spot????