Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

For me and my family Easter was celebrated spiritually and commercially. We attended church and knew what the holiday meant and we received pastel colored baskets of our favorite candies. It was a time of celebration with chocolate rabbits, money and candy filled eggs and Jesus' resurrection. It was always a good time to hunt eggs with my siblings and cousins. One time we even made it a little more complicated and had a night time egg hunt with flashlights.

This Easter Kari and I will be celebrating in Milano and Bastrop. In addition to celebrating the resurrection of Christ we will honoring Ruth (my mother in law) and Russ (my uncle); who are both celebrating birthday's tomorrow. Happy Birthday to you both.

At this point, Easter is a time of celebration for both Kari and I because it is a cornerstone of our faith. According to the bible, Christ was betrayed by Judas, arrested, tried and condemned to death. Christ died for the world's sins on the cross, but three day's later arose from the grave.

I pray that each of you have a blessed Sunday.

He's Alive!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Great picture!!

Glad your day was wonderful...we had a good one as well :)