Friday, July 24, 2009

Reflections on Fatherhood: Part Two

"The newness of fatherhood continues to strike me with wonder and amazement."
Little girls dream about their wedding, how many kids they will have and what house they will live in. Boys think about dirt, tearing things up and food. I don't recall every imagining what it would be like to be a father; I don't believe I could have imagined it correctly anyway.

Sitting up at four in the morning, just Landon and I, in the living room hanging out is priceless. As I watch his facial expressions, listen to his sounds, I wonder, "what is he thinking?" I have resolved that when he is dreaming he is seeing colors and shapes, similar to fireworks, but I am just guessing. I enjoy watching his faces so much I have caught myself just filming his face; crying and whining and all.

Landon is getting so much bigger and so quickly. People always say, "they grow up fast." They aren't kidding. He is now 20 inches long and weights 7 lbs and 10 ounces. We went to the doctor and he seems to be doing great. The doctor said he has a strong neck and he is doing well.

Kari went to see Mama yesterday. I got a phone call and Kari said he rolled over. Are you kidding me? I am not sure how old kids are supposed to be when they roll over, but if he is rolling over already I guess that means we will have to keep a closer watch on him so he doesn't roll off things. (wonderful!)

I hope that everyone is doing well. Keep it tuned to Insert Title Here. God Bless.

No comments: