Monday, September 14, 2009

Random Thoughts...(That Will Do)

Cash for Clunkers...almost 750,000 new vehicles were sold, so now 750,000 Americans are further in debt; thanks Cash for Clunkers (I know this maybe a little late, but that's why the title is Random Thoughts).

A couple of days off sure does heal the old body.

The Dallas Cowboys didn't look half bad; Romo did better in the second half, but I guess this is only Week 1. How 'bout them Cowboys!

Sadly, the Astros will not be making the post-season, go figure. Who shall I root for...I thought Texas had a chance, but it doesn't look like that will happen either. Go Colorado!

The Men Who Stare at Goats is on my "to see in the theater" list.

I am reading Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10 by Marcus Luttrell with Patrick Robinson on a recommendation by my boss; I can't put it down.

The Miles dedication went off well. Dennis Swanberg is a funny guy and does an amazing Billy Graham impression. A highlight (paraphrased):
Dennis' mother - "I just paid $2.37 for gas. Did you hear that son, I paid $2.37 for gas today. How much do you pay Dennis?"

Dennis' reply - "I don't know, Momma. We just pull up to the pump and fill up weather its $2.37 or $4.47; we still need gas."

Dennis' mother - "You don't know how much you pay?"

Dennis' reply - "No Momma, I don't."

Dennis' mother - "Well, that why you don't have nothing, you don't even know how much gas is."
I am sure that went off better when Swanberg told it, but I had to share (maybe if you read it out loud and talk like an old lady for his mothers parts it will be funny).

Ok. Randomness is coming to a close. The back story on the video of The Ira & Jeremy Show next time, stay tuned. Have a great evening.

No comments: