Thursday, March 25, 2010

And The Holy Spirit Pours Out

"There's more to come: We continue to shout our praise even when we're hemmed in with troubles, because we know how troubles can develop passionate patience in us, and how that patience in turn forges the tempered steel of virtue, keeping us alert for whatever God will do next. In alert expectancy such as this, we're never left feeling shortchanged. Quite the contrary—we can't round up enough containers to hold everything God generously pours into our lives through the Holy Spirit!" Romans 5:3-5
Let me start by saying, I am starting to learn what God wants to see in my life. First, to be a lover, follower and disciple of Christ. God wants me to share the story of His son Jesus to anyone I meet. Help out my neighbor, community and friends who are serving around the world. Second, love my wife. Give her encouragement, support her and listen to her thoughts and desires. Third, love and take care of my family. This means I serve the Lord in whatever capacity he allows and use whatever the Lord provides to put food, shelter and clothes on my wife and son.

Without listening to the promptings of the Holy Spirit, none of the above is possible.

Leadership with the Holy Spirit:

Recently I have been learning a new style of leadership: Lead with the Holy Spirit in mind; be truthful and bold and compassionate. What does that mean? Throughout the day, weekend or minute by minute, I am tasked with many things. Sometimes I can delegate certain things, asked to make on the spot decisions and many times have people looking for me for guidence. If I do follow the Holy Spirit or determine what the Lord would have me say or do, than I found out that things run much better. If I don't speak up or act with the Holy Spirit in mind, none of these things will happen and it would be just me trying to do all the work.

Confession:

Hi, my name is Jeremy, I am a recovering passive person. If you want to be run over, not speaking up is permission to be allowed to be run over. I am learning to speak up for what I believe, need and desire. As I said, if you don't, you get walked on. Don't get me wrong, sometimes saying nothing at all is the right answer, but too many times I have not said or done enough. God is teaching me this no action is sinful, not right.

As I learn these lessons and apply them, please pray that I will continue to be willing to learn and grow from the many, many, things the Lord is teaching me daily.

God Bless.

1 comment:

jayiin mistaya said...

Powerful testimony, bro!

I think you know I've never been good at passive. One of the best things God has taught me since I started coming to the Well (one of the first things He taught me) was how to be Zen about things - how to learn when and how to act and when and how to stand back.

But my nature is still to act and to speak and to do. Especially since I got the job at Dragon's Lair, I've had to learn how to turn over my actions and my doings to God...and let him direct me and move me instead of putting my head down and charging through like an elephant through a brick wall.

Your post hit me right between the eyes, because I haven't been doing very well at that lately.