Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My Utmost for His Highest Entry: July 27

"When Jesus drives something home to you through His Word, don’t try to evade it. If you do, you will become a religious impostor. Examine the things you tend simply to shrug your shoulders about, and where you have refused to be obedient, and you will know why you are not growing spiritually."

-Oswald Chambers
We began the morning with today's entry from Chambers' My Utmost for His Highest. This quote stood out and I had to share it.

How many times do we not jump at the Spirits prompting, listen the the small whisper or follow the obvious guy wrenching movement of God to do something or say something? Are you a religious impostor?

I hope you find as much as I did in the quote. I pray that we follow and obey what the Lord has for each of us daily. It is so rich and not worth missing out on.

God Bless

No comments: