Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Praise the Lord for His Unfailing Love

"Praise the Lord, all you nations.
Praise him, all you people of the earth.
For he loves us with unfailing love;
the Lord’s faithfulness endures forever.
Praise the Lord!" Psalm 117
Praise the Lord! He has bestowed some many blessings in our lives and what can we do, "Praise Him!"

I was considering how I sometimes take advantage of God's many blessings. If it is with myself trying to control a situation or squandering what He provided in an irresponsible way, I am prone to allow my flesh to show it self. How many times do we take advantage of what the Lord provides?

Romans 6:6, "For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin." When I wake up in the morning and allow Christ to live and I chose to die than I am more apt to give praise to the Father and accept His unfailing love. It states, "crucified with him." This crucifixion and death to self with Christ is the only way that we can even live such a life.

Unfailing love! A characteristic of God that is sometime most do not understand or comprehend. What would it look like if we love one another with an unfailing love. In that unfailing love, my thoughts chase the Father's choice to sacrifice his son, Jesus. Am I even willing to let the thought cross my mind for one of my children to pay such a price?

God's love is unfailing. I hope that you will take the time to enjoy this amazing love today and give Him all the praise.

God Bless.

No comments: