Sunday, October 17, 2010

New Primetime Shows

I am a sucker for new shows.  I enjoy seeing what new and sometimes I get my heart broken because the network cuts programs.  Remember Studio 60 and the Knight Rider re-boot?  These are just a couple of the most recent shows that I was excited about, but than let down by them being cut by the network.

This season I am stuck on CBS re-boot of Hawaii Five-0 and Blue Bloods.

The two stars in Hawaii Five-0 Alex O'Loughlin and Scott Caan have captured my attention.  The two cops, McGarrett and Williams play off one another well.  McGarrett is a rough, shoot 'em up, ask questions later guy and Williams trys to follow the rules.  Both actors are handling the roles well.  I remember from the original show, "book 'em Danno!"  I am thankful they have not over used this popular phrase.

Tom Selleck and Donnie Wahlberg star in Blue Bloods.  This NYC cop show is good drama.  It is an intense hour of crime solving,  law vs. human nature, and family.  I think what makes this show so real is the dinner time discussions.  The cast seems to have real talk concerning right and wrong.  The themes about cops, family and the sub-plot a secret society keep me going back for more.

Dear CBS:  You have two great new shows.  Please don't drop them.  Thanks.

Have a great day.

No comments: