Thursday, January 06, 2011

Drum Roll, Please

I know many of you have been waiting on the edge of your seat (Mom) for the first post of 2011 at Insert Title Here, well here it is!

Happy New Year to everyone.  I hope that each of you had a blessed time celebrating.  My family and I celebrated with our camp family and former Summer Mission's Team (SMT) at the annual SMT Reunion.  We were blessed to be led in worship by Jonathan Davis and Mike Satterfield.  It was a great time.

My family keeps getting older.  Kari and I are amazed every day by our 1 1/2 year old, Landon and 5 month old, Logan.  It has been such a journey figuring out how to manage married life, two little boys and camp ministry (and the journey continues).  Each day brings different challenges, but by the grace of God, we make it through each and and are so thankful for His guidance, protection and love.  I am certain no one showed me where the instruction manuals were on these boys!

We are continuing to press on with our ministry at Highland Lakes Camp.  We firmly believe God has called us to this ministry and we are very excited about what 2011 holds for the camp.  Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we serve those who step on campus, provide opportunities to share the love of Jesus and strength and energy daily.

Many of our camp family members are participating in HLC Biggest Loser, I keep saying I am doing Biggest Gainer!  Although I am joking because Kari reminded me that I want to someday meet my great grandchildren.  What a thought!  That is motivation enough to try to get into shape, eat healthy, etc.  We are doing Zumba and trying to follow a strict diet; we'll see.  I have hope that I can whip this old body into some shape.

Stay tuned to Insert Title Here in 2011 for more nail biting Hellums Family Stories, Random Posts, Theological Thoughts and much much more.

God Bless.

No comments: