Tuesday, March 01, 2011

He said! She said! They said!

How many times do we use these phrases? Are these phrases really necessary? Or are they just excuses for someone who is not ready to grasp hold of personal responsibility?

We all make mistakes; some of us just have a harder time admitting it.

For example, me telling my wife she should change her diet as she clung to a toilet bowl throwing up while pregnant. Bad idea.

Maybe a better example is owning up to something I clearly told a co-worker I could do, but honestly I couldn't do it. I confessed my wrong-doing to the other person and asked for forgiveness.

Sometimes we just make mistakes and in the long run we can do everyone a favor by owning up to these mistakes.

Jesus confronts a woman about her sin in John 4:16-18, " "Go and get your husband," Jesus told her.

"I don't have a husband," the woman replied.

Jesus said, "You're right! You don't have a husband-for you have had five husbands, and you aren't even married to the man you're living with now."

Wow, thanks, Lord. He just brings it up and takes care of it on the spot.

Imagine what it would look like in our journey, communities and families if we took the, "He said. She said. They said," out of our lives and inserted truth. Truth in love, "Yes indeed, it is good when you truly obey our Lord's royal command found in the Scriptures: "Love your neighbor as yourself," " James 2:8.  I believe we would see a community reflective of Christ's love abounding in truth.

God bless.

No comments: