Saturday, April 02, 2011

Do Hard Things: Quick Thoughts

Do Hard Things written by Alex and Brett Harris is an amazing book which challenges teenagers and adults to raise your expectations of what life should look like between the ages of 12-18 years. I highly recommend this book. Here are some brief notes on some of there points:

What does the bible say about teens? Nothing!

"When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me." 1 Corinthians 13:11

1900 is the origin of the word teenager.

"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity." 1 Timothy 4:12

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2

The First Scary Step:

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline." 2 Timothy 1:7

Don't let fear rule you.

Just a few thoughts taken from the book. Really, check it out. Great read.

God bless.

No comments: