Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Shocking Story

As I did the dishes late Tuesday evening a huge storm rolled through. I leaned with both hands and arms on the stainless steel sink. Lightening flashed and a tingle slowly crept through both my arms and my body. Kari had one hand on me and felt the same sensation. It took a moment for me to realize what was happening, but I removed my arms and the tingle stopped. We were both shocked!

We stood there for a moment taking in what happened because it all seemed to happen in slow motion. The sensation was not painful, but only a little stronger than when you put your tongue on a 9 volt battery.

Kari and I both can now say we've been struck by lightening! Or shocked!

God bless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - I'm glad you're both okay!

That storm was amazing and awesome to see. I'd spent the entire day telling people I felt like it was going to rain and almost no one believed me!

I'm really glad we got the rain, even if it does mean that the humidity is higher.