Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Are YOU dead?

"...It is no longer I who live, but Christ..." Galatians 2:20

No longer. Pretty simple, the Greek says, no longer, no more, no further. When we put in Christ, we, I, is no more.

According to the Greek, "I" is very specific (I, me, my), it does not mean anything else, no other pronoun, beside I. That is our sole responsibility to understand that it is not me doing the living, but Christ.

The word for "who live" is zaō.

To live (in Christ) means the following:

1) to live, breathe, be among the living (not lifeless, not dead)
2) to enjoy real life
a) to have true life and worthy of the name

Real life only comes through the death of ourselves. Christ must be doing the living for us, because if we our left at the helm, that means we are in control...and you don't want me (my flesh) in charge!

To begin the day, the question is, are YOU dead?

No comments: