Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Long Time, No Post: Thoughts

I think these pointless writings may be beneficial on some level to insights about family and friends. For instance, I have a little cousin who is in High School, I stumbled on her blog, and WOW, I was alarmed. I am not sure if I was that way in High School, but I hate to see the lack of responsibility, lack of respect, and basically the homes failing to raise there children in a good fashion. On a side note: If I was that way, I am deeply regretful of my actions and apologize to whoever I need to. Maybe it is just the lack of experience I am noticing and innocence of the youth, but they seem to know too much to soon now. There almost is a lack of innocence and a heavy presence of the world intertwined within the young people of today. Now, some families are getting it right, don't get me wrong, but it seems too many are not. As I work with youth at my church, I take all these things in, and just pray that they will come to an understanding of their purpose and what God has in store for them. I also pray that they will have that desire to seek God, and a willingness to turn there lives over to Him. Jesus tell us in John 14:6, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." Christ is real, and so many people, thoughts and ideas are out to make him a myth, but the good news is, Christ will prevail through it all. So to contradict myself, I guess these blogs are not too pointless, just an insight into those around us.

No comments: