Friday, September 02, 2005

Friday: Labor Day Weekend

About 24 years ago on Labor Day 1981, a wonderful blessing entered into San Marcos, TX, me. It is my birthday weekend, as I like to call it, but I will not be able to fully celebrate until Wednesday. I also extremely dislike it when people ask, "So how does it feel to be (insert year here)?" I have since come to grips with it, and now just have some rehearsed response. Now, in light of all this birthday news, I can't help, but lament the tragedy in LA and MS. My heart is hurting for all the people displaced, lost, hungry, thirsty, and those who are mourning. I pray that the American people will continue to outpour compassion and support for these people. Changing gears, I am excited to have met James and Cassie's new baby girl Annelise. I just got off the phone with Cassie moments ago and she said they were probably going to China in late October or November. That is exciting! In other news: Lockhart is playing there opening football game tonight, this will be my first High School football game that I did not go and see Bastrop. I will emotionally make adjustments, but I should be ok. I went to start my Mustang today and she did not want to fire. Turns out, the battery was bad, and upon purchasing a new battery and installing it, she fired up nicely. By the way, being an auto mechanic with two amateurs, Warren and myself, is not that easy. More to come.

No comments: