Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Quiet People

I ride the bus to and from the parking lot on campus. I see many different types people on the bus and what catches my attention most are the quiet people. This category of people I am referring to are the people who sit down on the bus next to you and don't say a word. Not only do they not speak, but they try not to look anyone in the eyes. By no means am I an expert, but I find this trend disturbing. I hate to see such an individualist style of life. I don't know if that is the correct terminology, but maybe it is extra individualism. Reading the bible and gleaning what I can from the scriptures, we should be talking and spreading joy to everyone. Not only spreading joy, but talking about the scriptures with one another. Also questioning things we just can't grasp, and asking the Lord to help where we lack understanding. I love to sit next to these people and start a conversation. At first they are hesitant, but most open up and share details of there life. I would encourage everyone to talk to everyone you see, sharing the joy and love that we find in our relationship with Christ. And for those of you quiet people, sorry, I just want to have a little conversation. As John writes in 2nd John he states,"I have much to write to you, but I do not want to use paper and ink. Instead, I hope to visit you and talk with you face to face, so that our joy may be complete" (2 John 1:12). We can bring one another joy, with God's love through our conversations, so keep that in mind when you are talking, or just being quiet.

No comments: