Sunday, December 04, 2005

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

I enjoyed having the pleasure of being the host in the children's Christmas Musical entitled Christmas in Reverse. It was a wonderful time. I pulled the old black jacket out of the closet, dusted it off, and got all dressed up. I made some index cards of my lines, just in case, and headed up to the church for rehearsal. During rehearsal I completely messed up my lines and all the children made fun of me. The show went fine, I only messed up once, but recovered nicely with some lines that were similar to what I was supposed to say. Oh, and the kids sounded great! I the words of Jars of Clay,
"They say that love can heal the broken
They say that hope can make you see
They say that faith can find a Savior
If you would follow and believe
With Faith Like a Child."
Oh, Santa did make a visit to First Lockhart on Sunday night, he told the Christmas story and put Christ in the story, instead of taking him out.

No comments: