Sunday, November 27, 2005


Too Many Things to Write About

Thanksgiving is over, but it is not a reason not to be thankful. It is a cool evening in Lockhart, Texas as I reflect on the previous events that took place. Kari came to visit and we were able to spend a great deal of time together. Spades one night and Uno Hearts the next evening. Thanksgiving was spent with my grandparents, my Grandad turned 88 on Monday, and on Thursday he and I played bumper walkers. I don't think a winner was declared. I had the pleasure of helping him on the couch and covering his legs with his blanket because he wasn't hungry. Growing up, Grandad would always let everyone eat first and this Thanksgiving was no different. It was an honor to say the blessing that my Granny and Grandad's even thought I forgot to bless the food. On to Bastrop to my mothers parents, Maw-maw and Pa-Pa, for lunch number two. Everyone was present, four cousins, two brothers, my aunt and uncle, mom, and the grandparents too. I am uncertain if it was planned, but I was again honored with blessing the meal at lunch number two. This time I remembered to mention the food. Friday was delight. In addition to my brothers dinner rehearsal, Kari and I traveled to College Station to join her family for a Thanksgiving meal. It was good fellowship, conversation, food, and Texas won (yes, almost everyone was pulling for A&M, except for me and Kari's little cousin Jack, 5 years old). We ate and made a dash to Bastrop. Little to our surprise, there was traffic in Caldwell and my little brother Aaron said, "Be there at 6:30!" I pushed my little Mustang, and arrived on time in Bastrop. Ahh...Cut to the chase, Aaron got married on Saturday and there was much applause and rejoicing. I hope everyone had such a blessed time as I. Don't forget, "give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" (1 Thessalonians 5:18).

No comments: