Sunday, January 01, 2006


Louisiana Trip

It is finalized. I will be leaving for New Orleans tomorrow morning at 6:45am. We will be de-mudding houses in the New Orleans area. The director suggested "clothes you don't mind ruining." I will be taking some old clothes and boots. Also, we will be required to wear a breathing mask and goggles the entire we are at the work projects. Dead human bodies should not be around us, but there is a possibility of dead animals. We will be staying in what was formally a homeless shelter, but has been converted to housing for people who come and work in the area. It will be a rigorous four days, but I am looking forward to it. I do have some worry, but I know the Lord will take care of me. Prayers for our group, the people of First Baptist New Orleans, and all those who will be touched by our opportunity to serve the Lord, that they might be blessed as well as us while we work. I should be back on Saturday evening.

2 comments:

Velma said...

I hope you are blessed during this trip and you are able to bless.

The best service project I did was cleaning out a home that was over run with trash for the last 20 years. It was up to our knees at some points. We found a few dead rats and other wonders in the house. But it was cool to know that we were cleaning this out for someone to be able to move into...

Anonymous said...

HURRY HOME....I MISS YOU!!! please be careful and be good, call me as soon as u get the chance. i am safely home now. I love you! MUAH!!