Thursday, September 21, 2006

Family Update


On Sunday we had a get together to celebrate my birthday at my mother's parents house in Bastrop. We had a great dinner prepared by my grandmother and enjoyed conversation with my brother, Aaron, his wife, Katie, my mother, Maw-maw, Pa-pa, Kari, and Shelbi. We had one of my all time favorites Chicken and Rice. Matthew stayed home this weekend to write a paper. He told me he would make it up to me by getting me a SFA t-shirt for my belated birthday.

I received a phone call from my Pop today concerning my Granny. He told me that she is continuing to decline. My aunt Gail sent me an e mail and stated, "[she] needs the liquid morphine to keep her comfortable so she sleeps a great deal." I had a chance to see her last Friday and when I went in through the garage I found the two home care ladies in the kitchen. Granny was asleep, or so it seemed. I took a peek for myself and she seemed sleeping. I kindly asked the ladies, "Can you tell Gran...," before I could finish Granny popped her head up and said, "Who's there?" We got to talk for a while and than she got sleepy. I would ask that you continue to keep her in your prayers and also my immediate family concern this update.

No comments: