Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Spiderman, spiderman...


I am not one to review movies, but I thought it was necessary that I say something about the third installment of Spiderman. I also do not put much stock in movie reviews I read, so without further delay...here's my review.

Spiderman 3: This film seems to start slow, but picks up speed quickly and doesn't slow down until the end. Peter Parker, or Spiderman unknowingly encounters an alien that amplifies his aggression and attitude. It is a Spiderman many aren't familiar with, so this quickly changes the type of Spiderman film. The typical "Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman," is not so friendly in this film, but the internal battle Parker faces mirrors many characteristics that you and I struggle with. We all have choices, we can be good or bad, but we decided. This aspect of the film is very thought provoking and might be explored futher in later posts. Without spoiling the film, there are a few twists and surprises that will catch the viewer off guard. I highly recommend this film and plan on seeing it a second time in the theater. Don't always believe the newspaper or blog reviews though, go see for yourself and form your own opinion. Have a blessed day.

1 comment:

Nic Burleson said...

so you thought it was good huh? i have heard mixed reviews...curry liked it too, but the pittman boys told me it sucked and so did another youth ministry buddy...i guess i am gonna have to break down and watch it to decide...