Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Happy Fourth of July


It has been a busy first half of the summer. The Astros are 12 games back, but what's new, they are a second half season team anyway. The rain won't seem to stop, but if you consider the lack of rain we have had the past few years, I am enjoying the rainy weather. My attempt at Spanish Two did not go well. I ususally spent four hours devoted to homework nightly and all for a pending D, so I dropped the course. I have not lost hope yet for graduation because I have learned that I can take a placement test and hopeful get out of Spanish Two. All to say, I did learn a lot and know much of the material hopefully allowing me to do well on the placement test. Camp is going great. Worship in a tent is amazing, each week has taught me something new, weather it is about myself and my relationship with God or just relationships with others, camp is a mighty blessing.

Recent happenings: I got to hang out with JMob some last week, we ate some Chipotle and hung out at Waterloo. Kari and I went to YEC with Stan and Windy in Dallas and we worked with the FX Bands. The four selected bands were amazing this year. They were all humble students who knew why they were their, to worship God. After I was done working stage with Stan, Windy and Kari, we stayed to watch Kutless. We had dinner with Stan and Windy and than went to worship with Shane and Shane. After YEC, we went to Little Elm to visit Aunt Martha and Uncle Doyle. We had a great time and got to see Evan Almighty and enjoy a great dinner. That evening we played games and went to church the next morning, it was a wonderful time with our aunt and uncle. Our nephew came to visit and after one night and a day by ourselves with Daniel; James, Ashley, Ruth and Shelbi all came to visit. We went and saw Ratatouille and than hung out the rest of the rainy Tuesday. Tuesday evening, Kari cooked dinner and than Ruth and Kari made a hotdog and fries cake. The summer is about half over and I have to say that it has been one of the most amazing summers, so far. I hope that each of you have a blessed fourth and stay safe. God Bless.

No comments: