Thursday, June 19, 2008

And the sickness continues…(and other news)

So, I started to write a paragraph on how I was recovering well, but this little bug is still holding on. Whatever it is…I need more little pills to make it go away. Thanks to those who left encouraging words about getting well, I pray that I am near the end of this sickness! Moving on…

Kari and I love Highland Lakes Encampment. I have been attending Highland Lakes (HL) since 1998 as a camper (once) and off and on since as a member of the Sound Production team for six years. Kari began attending HL in 1997 and than served on the Summer Mission’s Team (SMT) in 2005 and 2006.

This place has such a special place in my heart for a couple of reasons:
1. In July, during the summer of 1998 I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior.
2. I met my wife, Kari, in the old Miles Auditorium.

When considering what to do this summer about camp, Kari and I took all are questions, doubts and fears to the Lord. The camp asked if we could come out and join the production staff with Brandon and my first reaction was “gas is so high…no!” So, your might be thinking, “gas prices are going to hold you back from serving God…”

At first, yes, that’s one of the reasons we asked for guidance because our plans are not always God’s plans. In Isaiah 55:9 God tells is, “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” Many, many, many times we are guilty of thinking “humanly” and not seeking God’s wisdom in our actions. Our personifications and thoughts of God sometimes make him human, which this passage points out that He is NOT. God does whatever, whenever, however and uses whoever He see’s fit to accomplish his goals.

We sought after God’s direction and He guided us to the camp for the summer. Although it doesn’t seem logical or humanly right, in my mind, we are doing what God wants us to do and serving Him at the camp by helping the production team. Kari and I ask to you continue to keep us in your prayers as we seek to do what He calls, by giving glory to Him and spreading His name among all the nations. God Bless.

No comments: