Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The DQ Thin Mint Blizzard


Whoever thought of combining Dairy Queen’s Blizzard with Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies should be given an award.

I didn’t race to the nearest DQ when I saw the commercial, but should have. When I saw the commercial I thought, “It’s too good to be true.” I pinched myself, asked Kari, “Did you see that?” and realized what was being advertised was true. Yesterday evening we decided we had waited long enough, we needed to go buy a Thin Mint Blizzard. We cruised over to the local DQ off 620 and ordered a small Blizzard to share.

This new creation by Dairy Queen was wonderful. Every bite was loaded with Thin Mint cookie chucks. Considering my love for Thin Mints and putting them in the freezer, having them in the ice cream made it amazing.

I really can’t accurately describe this experience, I find myself at a loss for words. I can only encourage you to experience it for yourself. Visit your local DQ and order a Thin Mint Blizzard. Enjoy and God Bless.

2 comments:

nicole said...

I did race out and have one when I saw the commmerical!! They're awesome!! The sign says it's for a limited time so have as many as you can now. :)

Dryers makes a Thin Mint ice cream in February or so that's pretty good too but it doesn't compare to the blizzard!

Anonymous said...

What??? No picture? :-)