Saturday, September 13, 2008

Some Thoughts

Kari and I spend a lot of time in Galveston, so this image caught my attention. You can see the waves and Seawall sign in the background. About a month ago we were on the seawall. I want to make one thing clear, I am deeply concerned about the people of Southeast Texas. My recent rants were directed to local (Austin) media outlets that seem to report more than the news. Our prayer is God spares lives and provides protection for those in Ike's path. We are ready to do whatever we can to help the people in need. Please say a prayer for my buddy JLee, who decided to "ride it out." I talked to him last night briefly and I can only imagine now what is going on. Don't forget to mention Cassie's parents in your prayers as well.

Have a blessed weekend.

3 comments:

jayiin mistaya said...

And if folk could spare a prayer for the parents of both my General Manager and Floor Manager - they're all in Houston.

Cassie said...

As long as we're sending in prayer requests, keep my friend Dannette's family in your prayers. Her parents and one sister and brother live in Bridge City which is mostly under water. Her parents' and brother's houses are seriously flooded while her sister's was fortunately on higher ground.

Cassie said...

Oh, and my parents are safe and sound...not much damage, just without power :)