Monday, November 03, 2008

Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa

“Just smile and wave, boys. Smile and wave.” -Skipper the Penguin
On Friday November 7th I am planning on being in the theater for Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa. Here are the top 8 reasons I love Madagascar:

8 – Giraffe’s really act like Melman.
7 – Gloria keeps the boys in line.
6 – Alex got his roar back!
5 – My buddy Jordan is a huge fan.
4 – “I like to Move it, Move it!” Who doesn’t love that scene?!?
3 – Marty is a great friend to Alex (Zebras are beautiful animals).
2 – David Schwimmer as Melman cracks me up!
1 – The four penguins are amazing; I think possibly genius!

If you haven’t seen Madagascar, I highly recommend renting or buying it this week. It is a great cartoon adventure with some hilarious characters that will crack you up.

I will leave you with a scene that I love (the animals are on a ship in crates headed to Africa):

Skipper the Penguin: [Looking at the shipping label on their crate] Kowalski. What does it say?

Kowalski the Penguin: I can't make it out, Skipper - it's an older code.

Skipper the Penguin: Not good enough.
[Looking over at Mason the Chimpanzee]

Skipper the Penguin: You! Higher mammal. Can you read?

Mason the Chimpanzee: No, but Phil can. Phil?
[Phil the Chimpanzee begins motioning with his hands, which Mason interprets]

Mason the Chimpanzee: Ship to... Kenya Wildlife Preserve... Africa.

Skipper the Penguin: Africa! That ain't gonna fly! Rico!

3 comments:

Velma said...

looking forward to this movie as well... not sure if i'm going to get to see it opening weekend with the craziness we have going on, but we'll see...

deb said...

that is a great movie....

Cassie said...

We are so looking forward to this one :) This was the first movie that made Annelise laugh (she was probably 18 months old or so) and she still loves it today. We all like to move it, move it (even James when nobody's watching ;) I'm hoping to see it on Friday too!