Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Thankfulness Year Round

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.” James 1:17
Instead of being thankful once a year, our Pastor encouraged us to be thankful all year and for everything good or bad. This might seem obvious, but it is always a good reminder.

I am thankful for God, who is the provider of everything. We were truly blessed this past Turkey Week. Kari and I enjoyed 4 thanksgivings. That is a lot of hours of preparation, money and food for one day; so many times it is overlooked or taken for granted. At each of these, we were blessed to spend time with family and friends. I am thankful for our ability to attend these places and share with these that we love.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday was spent relaxing, enjoying company of loved ones, watching movies, football and eating leftovers. It was a delightful weekend.
“I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.” Philippians 4:12
I have the pleasure of serving with Meals on Wheels through my company. It is heartbreaking to consider our 4 thanksgivings compared to the small meal these recipients receive. I was blessed by these people today because I was reminded of two things:
1. How I can help
2. How to be more thankful.
As I consider my own attitude of thankfulness, gratitude and ways to help; I can hardly not be thankful everyday. We have so many resources at our fingertips; we just have to use them. I want to encourage myself and my readers, to consider all God has provided you or not provided, consider it a blessing and be thankful for it. Don’t forget to figure out ways you can help and bless someone else.

God Bless

1 comment:

Cassie said...

A good word Jeremy.