Monday, December 01, 2008

Way to Go Astros: Mike Hampton Rant

I liked what Ed Wade did in Philadelphia (he helped build the 2008 World Series team), but is Mike Hampton going to help the bullpen or bring it down? Let’s take a look at a brief summary of his last 9 seasons:

In 1999, Hampton had his last and best season with the Astros winning 22 games with a 2.90 ERA. He has spent 4 years on and off the injured reserve list between 2004-2008. He did not pitch in 2006 and 2007. Last season he was 3-4 with the Braves, and only played 4 months.

At $2 million plus incentives (the possible contract with the Astros), I sure hope Hampton is worth the money. I think the Astros are making a bad move, but I guess we will have to wait and see. I say Hampton will not help the Astros.

Note from the author: Regularly scheduled Insert Title Here content to resume after this Sports Monday. God Bless.

No comments: