Insert Title Here was not around in January 2005, so here are a few highlights from the inauguration:
- The Metro (train) was packed like a can of sardines.
- It was really cold, so we had huge coats on and thermal underwear (nice and warm!).
- Security was tight and the lines were long.
- We were so far from the capitol and video screens; we basically heard the inauguration instead of saw.
- Our feet were frozen. There was a “light dusting” which equaled 3 inches of snow the day before, we got to stand on that…BRRRRR!
- The parade was awesome, but the only glimpse of any politician we got to see was Dick Cheney’s hand waving as he rolled up the window.
- Let’s not forget all the protestors!