Monday, February 09, 2009

America Investment and Recovery Act of 2009

This is a portion of a response to my message concerning the America Investment and Recovery Act of 2009 from Congressman John Carter:
“Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to H.R. 1, the America Investment and Recovery Act of 2009. This is President Obama's unprecedented $825 billion spending bill which will exceed more than $1.1 trillion when adding in the interest ($300 plus billion) between 2009-2019 to pay for this package.”
“H.R. 1 passed the House on January 28, 2009, 244 to 188, I voted against this spending plan as did every Republican member of the House. H.R. 1 is currently in the Senate where they are actively debating this bill.”
I urge you to contact your senator concerning this matter. Check out these two links: U.S. Senate and U.S House of Representative.

2 comments:

Christo Diata said...

I am a American and presently support HR1 and I do vote. It is unfortunate my party no longer believes in the American people but rather self preservation. Please work with our president to find solutions to America's problems not ways to show how little we have to work together.

Jeremy Hellums said...

The solution is not in health care bill. I don't have the answer, but goverment ran health care is not the answer!