Tuesday, February 10, 2009

No Bailout in Monopoly

Kari and I were over at some friends’ house this weekend and we played a mean game of Monopoly via Play Station 3. Clay and I battled it out for about 2 hours. Clay filed for bankruptcy first and I went head to head with the computer. After mortgaging everything and barely making it by, time had run out and we just decided to quit playing. Gameover!

The interesting thing is, Mr. Monopoly was not willing to give Clay nor I a bailout package. I am sure if we had a bailout package we could have won the game. Although we did not ask because when you play the digital version of Monopoly once you don’t have anymore more cash or property the game is over and you loss your assets to the person you owed money to.

As the house and senate prepare to reach and accord on the America Investment and Recovery Act of 2009, I fear we are on the brink of something any President can't control. Can the American people pull themselves up by their bootstraps? I think so. I just don’t think any federal bailout is going to help. If is a business is out of money, Gameover! I will leave you with this:
"I know that some are skeptical about the size and scale of this recovery plan. This will include unprecedented measures that will allow the American people to hold my Administration accountable. Instead of just throwing money at our problems, we'll try something new in Washington - we'll invest in what works." President Obama
Guess we’ll sit back and see what happens.

No comments: