Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"Spiritual Musings from a Foolish Man"

I want to invite my readers to check out a blog that I really enjoy.

My pastor buddy (who is not so "foolish"), Jason writes Doodles, Scribbles, Hums and Notes. I keep re-reading his most recent post, The Heart Breaks and Breaks. It rings of truth and it keeps pointing my mind back to Christ. If you don't go to his post, here is a quote:
"You will be beat up and bloodied, but of the things that remain that lead us towards the light, love is the greatest. In the gospels, Jesus dies for love, and the truth is, that is the pathway to a living heart. We reach out with wounded hands that are barely healed from the last experience and our heart breaks and breaks, on its own journey toward being a thing of beauty.

I hope your days are blessed and full of life, but if you must suffer today or tomorrow, suffer for love and let your broken heart live."
Jesus lives, loves and dies for you, but it doesn't end there; He rose three days later and now sits at the right hand of God interceding for us (Romans 8:34).

Go love someone, even if it means someone might not love you back. Love hurts, but Christs love is sufficent.

For sermons from Jason, check out http://www.thewellinaustin.com/

God Bless.

No comments: