Saturday, August 28, 2010

Retreat Season & Family

After August 15th, camp officially went from summer camp season to retreat season. This means a few things for the camp and staff around Highland Lakes Camp. For me several things happen: less 17 hour days, two days off, scheduled PR work and less running sound.

One exciting aspect is I am able to spend a lot more exclusive time with my family. During the week, we often get off at 5pm allowing for an evening of fun with everyone at the Hellums household.

A typical evening could look like: arrive home at 5:02pm, put the swimming trunks on, eat before or while we are at the lake, try to keep Landon above water, head home, give Landon a bath, bedtime from Landon, and Kari and I take a moment to slow down while taking care of Logan's appetite and find bedtime about 11 or 12pm.

Landon loves water. Swimming in the lake, pool or bathtub daily is something he loves. We tell him, "kick, kick, kick," and he will get on his belly and raise his head up and kick and swing his arms. It is an awesome sight to see.

Friday morning, Kari and I watched Logan dreaming and half smiling. It was one of those moments where our "alien baby" is becoming more human. It was a precious moment. Logan is almost one month old and time has flown.

I am so thankful for my family and the Lord allowing us to serve in such a place where I am able to have so much interaction with my family.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. God Bless.

No comments: