Monday, April 04, 2011

Chapter One: A Reoccurring Daydream?

It occurred to me that I had played this story out before, but it wasn't until I was lying on my back with my hands and feet bound with the glassy grey eyes fixed on mine.

It started out as a normal day. Normal as normal can be; the boys got up early, my wife slept in and I got ready for work. As the TV played the ESPN jingle, our normal breakfast companion, I ate my bowl of cereal. "Cereal," I thought, "crunch, crunch, crunch."

The sportscaster was talking about game five of the World Series and weather the Pirates would actually win. It was mostly background noise because I had allowed my mind to wander upon an intense daydream I had visited before.

"Dad!... Dad!... Dad!... Mason!" my oldest son, Randy, yelled at me.

Ripped from my daydream I replied, "Randy?"

"We're catching the bus, Dad, see you later."

Randy and James disappeared out the front door and I wasn't far behind them. I could not figure out how I had been tied up and by whom, but did it really matter, it was just a reoccurring daydream.

This concludes Chapter One: A Reoccurring Daydream?

Please note, this is a work of fiction, currently being hashed out here at Insert Title Here. Thoughts, ideas and story is the property of the author.

Chapter Two: Strange Drive to Work







No comments: