Saturday, April 09, 2011

More Taylor Swift Theology

"And I remember that fight, two-thirty AM
You said everything was slipping right out of our hands
I ran out, crying, and you followed me out into the street 
Braced myself for the goodbye, cause that's all I've ever known
Then, you took me by surprise
You said, "I'll never leave you alone." 
You said, "I remember how we felt, sitting by the water.
And every time I look at you, it's like the first time..." Mine by Taylor Swift
I have written about Taylor Swift's lyrics before and I guess it can be deduced that I am a Taylor Swift fan, but really I hear her lyrics and think about God.  I heard this song recently and could not get these lyrics out of my head. Not only does it apply to Kari and I because when you have two little ones, 2:30 AM fights happen, but it also applies to my relationship with Christ.

There are times when we get to the point when we are just mad at God, almost to the point of fighting. We are losing sleep over it, praying or not praying about it, but it feels like He is so far away. Running away really isn't an option with God, but you feel like you should.

He chases after you. Matthew 28:20, "...And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” We think we aren't good enough sometimes and He comes after you, puts His arm around you and says, "I'll never leave you alone."

We stray away from Him, but He always remembers that moment, sitting by the water, when you surrendered your life to Him.

What powerful words that remind me of a moment I will never forget that happened late one evening at Highland Lakes Camp; when He and I sat by the water, for the first time.

God Bless and may you continue to look for Christ, even in Taylor Swift songs.

No comments: