Thursday, October 06, 2005

Thursday: Will it get cold?

That is not really what this post is about, but it is a thought. I know I went outside this morning expecting a chilled air and found the usual muggy Texas air. It will not ruin my day, but hopefully we will see some cool air soon. It seems there is some uproar in the Fantasy Football League I am in and there has been an attempt to expel me from the League. The attempt, as I call it, was unsuccessful, because whatever grievance the one disgruntled member had is no more. As I was waiting for my last class of the week this morning, I came across a statement in a book that I am reading. It reads as follows, "I didn't know that cool was just a myth and that one person was just as beautiful and meaningful as another" (104). The quote comes from Donald Miller's Searching for God Knows What. After teaching the youth last night and considering there interaction as well as statements made to one another, this "cool" problem is a serious one. Too many times we seek after this recognition of "cool" from our peers. In these effort we place ourselves above one another (John 13:34). I think in this we are missing the point. God wants us to love one another, we fail when we treat people as if they are below us. We are all humans. We need to look past the hierarchy and see people for who they are. This truly is something that I hope to live out in the journey known as life. That is all I have for today.

No comments: