Saturday, February 25, 2006

John Piper Quote

I found this in a John Piper sermon given on September 26, 1999 entitled Faith: In Hope, Against Hope, for the Glory of God. "So even today after the coming of Christ, our faith is still future-oriented. Justifying faith trusts God for all he promises to be for us and do for us. This is why faith glorifies God. Believing that God has done things in the past glorifies God somewhat. But believing that God will do what he has promised to do in the future before you see him do it -that glorifies God even more. It honors his present and future trustworthiness. So faith is future-oriented because that gives God the most glory."

As the spring semester continues, I find myself facing many decisions and I was blessed to have find these encouraging words. I pray that my faith increases and I learn to listen more closely to what God has in store for me. I ask that you would pray for me.

No comments: