Saturday, March 18, 2006


Kansas Aftermath and More...

We made it safely home from Kansas and than proceeded southeast to Galveston. In Galveston Kari and I meet her grandparents, mother, and sister. For those of you who do not know, I am not a seafood eater, but it turns out crab maybe good. We had dinner at the Rainforest Cafe and rode the super scary ride that is in the restaurant (really, some fake spider drop down and scare you!). The next day was an exploring day, we hit some souvenir shops and went to the strand. The Strand is the old Main Street of Galveston. These buildings withstood the hurricane of 1900 and only took small amounts of water damage on the lower floors. One old advertisement painted on the side of the buildings stated 1866. We ate a restaurant called Shrimp and Stuff, and after much search, I did not find much "stuff". With much hesitation, I ordered a Crab Poboy. It was excellent. I still claim I do not eat seafood, cause it is so darn expensive. Kari and I than made a day out of the Kemah Boardwalk. We rode many rides, a speed boat, and got a really sweet happy hour deal on dinner. These tales just about cover the first part of my Spring Break. I need to study for Sunday School now...tune in next time.

No comments: