Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Coffee is delightful and so is God!

As I sit in the Coffee Pot Espresso Bar on the Square in San Marcos, I am content with my surroundings and current state of relaxation. Although the re-mix version of Johnny Cash's One Piece at a Time (the CD is skipping) plays over the coffee house speakers, I find myself looking forward to this evenings bible study. We will be taking a look at Ephesians 2. I have encouraged everyone to try and read it at least once a day, but many times we find ourselves too busy. Since, last Tuesday, I have only read the passage four times, but in those four readings something different has caught my attention. Frankly, in the first reading, I am not sure if I got anything at all, but I am certain the following three times I was able to glean some valuable insights into how Christ would have us live. It is an encouragement to know that Christ is our cornerstone, in which we can built our life on. It says in Ephesians 2:19-20 we are "fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone." We are adopted into God's family through the blood of Jesus Christ, and nothing can take that away from us. We are apart of a family that should be loving, caring, helping, and encouraging one another daily. With Christ as the center of our lives, we experience freedom, love, redemption and many other blessings. This freedom I bask in this morning at the coffee shop is granted by the Almighty and I am thankful for that today. I hope that each of you will find this contentment in the Lord Jesus. Have a blessed day.

No comments: