Monday, November 24, 2008

Weekend Review

I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend.

Friday night we had dinner at Pappasito's Cantina with a group of Junior High students from Milano and my mother in law who were in Austin for a Student Council Conference. The atmosphere is wonderful, but the food has never impressed me; this visit was just another reminder of why I don't recommend Pappasitos. Kari and I went home and watched Ocean's Thirteen.

Saturday was a great day. Kari and I got up about 8am and started cooking for Thanksgiving lunch in Bastrop. I prepped my items for guacamole and helped Kari prepare mashed potatoes. We went over to Bastrop about noon and enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner with all the family. We hung out, played games, watched football and than ate again. It was great to catch up with the family.

Sunday was not too good. Kari was miserably sick. Basically Mr. Nurse was unable to cure the cough, instead we phoned a friend. Nicole said, "rub some Vicks on your feet and fall asleep with socks on." I am pretty sure it worked. I think Kari coughed 5 times last night and woke up feeling better. I don't think we are out of the dark on this cold, but we are a step closer thanks to Nicole.

I am very excited about tomorrow. Please keep us in your prayers and stay tuned for Tuesday Baby News and Clinton Administration Part Three.

5 comments:

deb said...

I am the first to read your blog....Sorry to hear kari is not feeling good.

nicole said...

glad the vicks worked. see i'm not crazy!!

Cassie said...

I would so take Papasito's right now!! Hope Kari feels much better :)

Anonymous said...

Let's not jump to conclusions Nicole, but I'm glad the vicks remedy worked. :0)

nicole said...

Listen here Mr. Ichtuschatter!!! I have a few crazy stories about you I can pull out. LOL