Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Last Days of 2008

We have entered the last week of 2008. I really don’t remember reading or being told time flies as you get older, but someone should have told me. I had an elderly caller tell me the other day, “life is like a roll of toilet paper; once you get near end of the roll, it goes really fast.” 2008 has flown by and I am giving credit to having fun. It has been a wonderful year.

I am excited about 2009. Kari and I are quickly approaching our two year anniversary, my niece is due in early spring and Baby is due in July. It looks to be an exciting year; full of bumps, bruises and many many smiles and probably a few tears.

I am not much on “new year’s resolutions” because I don’t want to lie to myself or anyone else (that is usually what it turns into). I do eat black eyed peas, but only because they taste great.

Kari and I will be ringing in the New Year with several friends at Highland Lakes Encampment. The annual Summer Mission’s Team (SMT) reunion is over New Years. It will be a quick getaway because I have to be back at work first thing Friday morning.

Please continue to keep us in your prayers. God Bless.

No comments: