Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Current Reading List

I just wrapped up reading The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. For some reason, this book series eluded me as a child, but am glad I read it and highly recommend it.

After receiving a gift card to Barnes & Noble from my mother in law, I picked up the title President Reagan The Role Of A Lifetime by Lou Cannon. Cannon a journalist in Washington D.C. during his presidency has written three books about Reagan and so far I have enjoyed the read. It is not a hard read, but I am learning new words.

In addition, on the night stand is Eldest by Christopher Paolini. This is the second in Paolini’s Inheritance series, which I heard got a bad review. I am not letting the reviews hold me back; I am just taking it for what its worth and am willing to see how Eragon develops as a Dragon Rider.

One last book that I am actively reading sits on my night stand is A.W. Tozer’s The Knowledge of the Holy. This book is full of so much wisdom. I can sometimes only read a paragraph, before I have to stop and think about what he is saying. It is a thin book, but it takes a lot of processing because it pretty deep stuff.

What are you reading? If you have any recommendations on a good book, I am always willing to take it. Have a great Wednesday.

God Bless

2 comments:

Velma said...

I read the Chronicles of Narnia not too long ago. I'm tell ya the Dawn Treder where the kid turns into the dragon and Aslan takes his dragon skin off -- man, tears and tears. It was beautiful. I really enjoyed how well Lewis pulls so many Christian themes into the books and still makes a good story. Amazing...

I'm reading Wayfarer Redemption - book 1 - by Sara Douglas. I'm really liking it.

OO and just finished up Trades 1,2 & 3 of the new Buffy Commic -- thats for Cassie cause I know she has been reading them too =)

Cassie said...

yes I am...half way through number 2 :)

Good to see your reading list :)

I am waiting for Breaking Dawn to get to my house to finish up the Twilight series and then I think it's back to the Dresden Files for me...

Started Streams of Living Water by Richard Foster, but that is a stop and think kind of book too :)

So now you know what I'm reading...whether you wanted to or not :)