Thursday, September 09, 2010

Wasp vs. Man

Wednesday afternoon, I walked into our living room missing my t-shirt and said, "I'm crazy," to Kari, Clay and Jackie.

Prior to this statement I decided to eradicate some mahogany wasp (also known as red wasp or red devils) that had made nest above one of our windows. With a can of wasp spray in hand, I positioned myself near the nest and began to spray up at them. As I closely watched the insects, I noticed two were emerging from the poison foam unscathed. One flew off above the house, but I could not locate the second one.

As I backed away from the nest, I happened to look down on my chest and stuck in the center of my t-shirt was a mahogany wasp. My first reaction was to pull my shirt away from my body and than spray myself and the wasp in order to prevent from being stung.

In the process of spraying, I realized I was spraying myself and gained control of the situation by frantically ripping my shirt off. Not that this was any less crazy, but it made sense at the time. As I struggled to remove my two sweaty shirts, I thought about not getting stung, move faster and what are the effects of wasp spray on humans.

After removing the shirt I promptly threw it on the ground and stomped on it in hopes of killing the wasp. I slowly picked it up, but the wasp was gone. Thankfully I was not stung or harmed by the wasp spray, but I am pretty sure my neighbors think I am crazy now.

Hopefully this made you laugh a little. I have been having a run on these funny little stories lately and am glad to share them.

2 comments:

The Daring Show said...

Thanks for the chuckle!

Velma said...

this did make me laugh =)
glad you are ok